Here’s a different kind of Bond index: In honor of the latest 007 movie, “SPECTRE,” Bloomberg Business tracked eight metrics across all 3,053 minutes and 33 seconds of the 24 James Bond films released over the past 53 years.
Among the highlights:
- Bond is wearing a suit or a tuxedo for nearly 18 hours out of the total 51 hours.
- He introduces himself as “Bond. James Bond” 26 times over the course of the 24 films.
- He spends more than 5 percent of his on-screen time flirting, seducing or being “otherwise intimate.”
- Pierce Brosnan’s Bond set the record for most gadgets used in a film. (16, in “Die Another Day”).
- Bond or another character orders a total of 16 martinis for him in 24 films. That counts the controversial dirty vodka martini that Bond quaffs in “SPECTRE.”